Tips for Sellers
- Price at TRUE market value. Price is everything. If you do not price your home correctly in the beginning, it will sit on the market and not sell. REALTORS® are trained professionals who can assist you with pricing your home correctly.
- Remove clutter. Place extra “stuff” into storage, etc. Buyers want to imagine their furniture in your house. This is difficult if your home is too cluttered.
- Go neutral. Paint and refresh your home to make it look well-cared for, and fix obvious problems such as leaking faucets, broken windows, etc.
- Clean everything. And, do not forget the outside of your home. Clean up leaves, refresh the mulch, trim bushes and trees, and mow the lawn if needed.
- Have a plan when a showing is scheduled. Clean up and get out of the house. Cage animals or take them for a ride or walk. When someone is viewing your home, you only have one chance to make a first impression. That starts the moment they drive up.